Knowledge Network: Official Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”)
Roam From Home 2020
- Contest is only open to those who are no younger than the age of majority (19 years old) in British Columbia as of November 9, 2020, and who are legal residents of British Columbia. Individuals who are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (as well as the immediate family members or persons domiciled with them) of the Knowledge Network Corporation (“Knowledge”), its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. No purchase is necessary.
- Contest runs from 12:00:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, September 25, 2020 to 5 pm PT on Monday, November 9, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). To be eligible, entries must be received by Knowledge no later than 5 pm PT on Monday, November 9, 2020. A winner (the “Winner”) will be determined by random draw conducted by Knowledge on or about November 13, 2020. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received during the Contest Period.
- There are three (3) ways to enter (each a “Contest Entry”):
- Making a donation to Knowledge Network during the Contest Period will automatically result a Contest Entry; OR
- If you are a monthly donor, your monthly donation during the Contest Period will be your Contest Entry; OR
Legibly print your name, address and telephone number on a plain piece of paper (no donation or other cash consideration required) and mail it to:
4355 Mathissi Place
Burnaby BC V5G 4S8
Attention: Roam From Home 2020
Mail-in Contest Entries must be received by Monday, November 9, 2020 at 5 pm PT. Limit: One (1) Contest Entry per person regardless of method of entry. Duplication of a mail-in Contest Entry may result in disqualification. Individuals making donations may request by phone, email or in writing that they be excluded by submitting a written request to the address above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 1-604-431-3222 or toll free to 1-877-456-6988, at any time during the Contest Period. By submitting a Contest Entry, the entrant indicates that they have read and accepted these Contest Rules.
- Knowledge is not responsible for any entries that are lost, damaged, illegible, misdirected, postage due or undelivered. This includes lost or corrupted entries by donations made online. Any Contest Entry must be submitted by the entrant him or herself. Any Contest Entries that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. Contest Entries from the same person in excess of the Limit will not be accepted. Entrants may only use one (1) address and one (1) phone number in connection with this Contest. In the event Knowledge discovers attempts at multiple Entries by one entrant using the same, different or multiple addresses, identities, phone numbers, or any other methods, such actions will void that entrant’s Contest Entries and such entrant shall be disqualified at the sole discretion of Knowledge. All Contest Entries are subject to verification. Proof of entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt of any Contest Entry by Knowledge.
- There is one (1) prize package available to be won (the “Prize”). The Prize components are subject to change and consist of one each of the following:
- Samsung 65" Q90T Series 4K QLED Smart TV (Model: QN65Q90T) including 5 year extended warranty
- Samsung Q Symphony Soundbar with Sub woofer (360W 5.1ch Soundbar Model: HW-Q60T) including 5 year extended warranty. Wall mount bracket included.
- Loctek 32" - 65" Low Profile Tilting TV Wall Mount (Model: PSW791MT)
- Sony Wireless Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black (Model: WH1000XM3B)
- Sony 4K Ultra HDR Dolby Vision Blu-ray Player (Model: UBPX700)
- Apple TV 4K Media Box with Siri Remote - 64GB (Model: MP7P2CLA)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K Streaming Media Player with Voice Remote (Model: 3810CA)
- $500 CAD towards the cost(s) of shipping and/or installation
The brand names listed above are for illustrative purposes only, Knowledge reserves the right to substitute any element of the Prize with a comparable element from any other third-party vendor. For certainty, none of the brands, or their associated companies are sponsors of this Contest, and Knowledge disclaims any association of such brands, trademarks or sponsors with this Contest.
- The approximate value of the prize is $6,000 CAD (six thousand dollars CAD). Which value will vary based on the then current market value of the components of the prize, together with any substitutions of elements made by Knowledge in its sole discretion and in accordance with these Contest Rules. Apart from the cash contribution detailed above, Knowledge shall not be responsible for pick-up, delivery or installation of the Prize, which shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing Knowledge shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage to the Prize in the process of shipping or delivery thereof to or by Winner.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. Knowledge reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part, including without limitation any component thereof, for equal or greater value, in the event that all or any of the components of a Prize are unavailable or for any other reason in Knowledge’s sole discretion. In the event that a Winner is unable to redeem any or all of the Prize components awarded to him/her due to reasons beyond the control of Knowledge, its employees, representatives, agents, and all parties associated with this Contest, without limitation, no compensation or substitution prize will be provided. In the event that the initial Winner declines or forfeits the Prize, Knowledge shall randomly select an alternate Winner from among the eligible entries.
- Knowledge will select the winning entry on or about November 13, 2020. Knowledge will contact the Winner by telephone in order to award the Prize. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize:
- The Winner must be reached by telephone within seven (7) days immediately following the selection of the winning entry.
- Prior to winning, the Winner must answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
- The Winner will be required to sign, have witnessed, and return to Knowledge a declaration and release affirming compliance with these Official Contest Rules and releasing Knowledge from liability with respect to the Contest and the Prize.
If any one of the above conditions in awarding the Prize is not met, the selected entrant will be disqualified as a Winner and shall not be entitled to receive the Prize. Knowledge reserves the right to select at random another eligible entrant as an alternate Winner.
- By accepting the Prize, to the full extent permitted by law, Winner agrees to Knowledge's use of his/her name, city/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Knowledge may conduct relating to the Contest. The Winner may be required to sign a separate document to this effect as a condition of being awarded the Prize.
- By entering this Contest, the entrant releases Knowledge and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, their advertising agencies, suppliers of Contest materials, Contest organizers and their respective agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all claims, liability, losses or damages, costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever which arise out of or result from the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise of the entrant of the Prize awarded in this Contest and waives all rights to any recourse in this respect. Without limiting the foregoing, Knowledge shall not be responsible for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Contest Entries; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Contest Entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; or (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Knowledge for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility.
- General Conditions: All Contest Entries become the property of Knowledge. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Knowledge has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee with respect to the Prize. Mass entries, automated entries, entries submitted by third parties, and any Prize claims that are late, incomplete, fraudulent, illegible, unidentified or delayed will be void. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner may be required to promptly return to Knowledge his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry online, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Knowledge reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify this Contest, or these Contest Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Knowledge’s sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Contest Rules. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and any disclosure or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to point of sale materials, television advertising, print advertising or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Win a Home Theatre System!
We’re giving you the chance to explore our beautiful planet – all from the comfort of your own home.
This state-of-the-art home theatre system will immerse you with such impressive visual and sound quality that you’ll feel like you’re right inside your favourite programs on Knowledge.
Pick up on clues with sharper eyes than your favourite mystery detective.
Watch the drama of nature shows unfold with new intensity.
Feel your heart skip a beat as our travel hosts unravel the rich diversity of our world.
And, with Apple TV and Roku TV included you can watch Knowledge whenever you like, day or night, and catch up on the programs you missed.
Elevate your viewing experience with Knowledge by entering the Roam from Home Giveaway!
Don’t Miss your Chance to Win!
Donate to Knowledge Network between September 25 and November 9, 2020 at 5 pm PT to be automatically entered to win.
Monthly donors are automatically entered!
- No purchase necessary
- Open to BC residents 19 years of age and older
- See Official Contest Rules for more details
- 65” Samsung 4K TV
- Samsung Soundbar and sub-woofer
- TV Wall Mount
- Sony Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
- Sony Blu-ray/DVD Player
- Apple TV
- Roku Streaming Stick
- $500 Cash towards shipping and installation
- 5 year warranty for TV and soundbar
See Prize Details for more information.
65” Samsung 4K TV
Q90T Series 4K QLED Smart TV with Direct Full Array 16X (Model: QN65Q90T)
5 year extended warranty included
Samsung Q Symphony Soundbar with sub-woofer 360W 5.1ch Soundbar (Model: HW-Q60T) with wall mount bracket.
5 year extended warranty included
Sony 4K Ultra HDR Dolby Vision Blu-ray Player (Model: UBPX700)
Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
Sony Wireless Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black (Model: WH1000XM3B)
4K Media Box with Siri Remote - 64GB (Model: MP7P2CLA)
Roku Streaming Stick
4K Streaming Media Player with Voice Remote (Model: 3810CA)
TV Wall Mount
Loctek Low Profile Tilting TV Wall Mount (Model: PSW791MT)
$500 in cash towards shipping and installation