Director of Brand & Promotion
Knowledge Network, British Columbia’s public broadcaster, is seeking a passionate and creative Director of Brand & Promotion to promote our trusted, quality programming service and oversee the look and feel of all of our platforms - television, web, apps and print. Do you love what we do? Join our talented team and put your Knowledge to work.
- Provide vision and creative direction to the brand and promotion team, including three team leads – Brand Producer, Art Director and Supervisor, Promo Production
- Oversee the design and production of motion and graphic brand assets on all channels
- Oversee the design and production of the bi-monthly print magazine
- Develop and drive creative ideas from concept to completion
- Develop and deliver promotional campaigns
- Evolve and refresh the Knowledge brand on an ongoing basis
- Work with other departments to define design standards for consistent branding and messaging to ensure a cohesive experience on all platforms
- As a member of the Knowledge Management Team, participate in the organization’s strategic planning and management decision-making
- Develop departmental budgets and business plans
- Strong leadership skills with successful experience in motivating and inspiring design teams
- Strong collaborative and organizational skills to spearhead multiple simultaneous activities
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced understanding of the broadcast and web environments including video and design production workflows employing Adobe Suite and Avid software and systems
- Solid background in on-air design, exhibiting passion and dedication to the craft
- Creative copywriting skill would be an asset
- Experience defining and managing project scope and deliverables
- What’s your story?
- What influenced you to apply?
- What do you love about our brand?
- Given the opportunity to change it – what would you do?
Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2018.
Are you passionate about public television? Knowledge Network is passionate about helping to develop today’s students to launch their careers in web development/design, marketing/communications or public broadcasting.
Knowledge Network is where stories live that speak to our time. Through our network of storytellers, we enhance the public educational broadcasting experience for British Columbians across the province.
Our co-operative education program is designed to partner with B.C.’s colleges and universities to provide paid practical work experience and further the training and skills development of students in film, television, internet, marketing, communications and other recognized programs. What better way to enhance your academic learning and guide your career?
We’re looking for bright, ambitious students who are passionate about public broadcasting and eager to learn and create.
Interested students are invited to send a letter stating why you are the right person for us, along with a resume to email@example.com.
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the volunteer application form.
Volunteer Application Form