Passionate About Public
Passionate About Public
Director of Marketing
(one year Maternity Leave replacement starting August, 2017)
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Marketing leader to develop a marketing strategy that builds audiences, subscribers and donors for Knowledge Network. You will promote our trusted, quality programming and services on multiple platforms – television, web, mobile and print – as well as on social media.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the Knowledge Management Team to develop and execute an integrated marketing plan that supports the goals of our strategic and business plans
- Collaborate with other departments (Communications, Brand, Programming, Web Channels and Fundraising) to develop and execute creative campaigns that promote our brands with measured results
- Capitalize on the targeting marketing capabilities available on our redesigned website
- Provide leadership to direct reports (Marketing Associate, Arts & Information Editor and Marketing co-op student)
- Utilize website analytics and broadcast ratings to monitor and evaluate marketing activities; measure return on investment
- Develop and manage budgets for the Marketing department
- Provide end to end project management of all marketing initiatives
- A degree or diploma in marketing and 8+ years of experience in cross-platform marketing, demonstrating exceptional skill in brand management and campaign development
- Solid understanding of broadcast, online and social media spaces, and analytics tools
- Proven results in effectively executing consumer-focused marketing campaigns
- Excellent organizational skills and proven success in managing and inspiring a team
- Experience in successfully developing internal and external relationships
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the attached volunteer application form.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached volunteer application form.
Co-operative Education at Knowledge
Are you passionate about public broadcasting?
Knowledge Network is passionate about helping to develop today’s students to launch their careers in web development/design, marketing/communications or public broadcasting.
Knowledge Network is where stories live that speak to our time. Through our network of storytellers, we enhance the public educational broadcasting experience for British Columbians across the province.
Our co-operative education program is designed to partner with B.C.’s colleges and universities to provide paid practical work experience and further the training and skills development of students in film, television, internet, marketing, communications and other recognized programs. What better way to enhance your academic learning and guide your career?
We’re looking for bright, ambitious students who are passionate about public broadcasting and eager to learn and create.
How to Apply
Check out our postings on our website or your placement office at local schools.
Interested students are invited to send a letter stating why you are the right person for us, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.