Knowledge Network, BC’s Public Broadcaster, is looking for a skilled Drupal Developer to grow and enhance our streaming services on web, mobile and TV platforms.
Our streaming services have an expansive, engaged, and dedicated audience. The work of our team is accessed by thousands of British Columbians and Canadians daily seeking information and entertainment from a public broadcaster they trust.
As part of a talented team of designers and developers, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web applications, as well as participating in different phases of the development life cycle.
- Work in a team to develop and maintain websites using Drupal 8+, PHP, and MySQL
- Migrate custom modules from Drupal 7 to 8
- Develop custom Drupal modules that include integration with databases, broadcast servers, and third-party APIs
- Perform periodic maintenance, security updates, upgrades and other system changes
- Collaborate with other team members and cross departmentally
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science/related field, or equivalent working experience
- Strong PHP (including OOP) and MySQL skills
- 3 - 4 Years’ experience with Drupal 7/8, including installation and configuration
- Proven custom Drupal 8 module development, including strong familiarity with proper Drupal coding standards
- Experience working with REST, GraphQL, and other modern API technologies
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems
- Experience with Composer and Unix command line interface
- Ability to work independently, as well and communicate within a team environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and business functions
In addition to the required skills, we are looking for someone who believes in the value of what we proudly offer as a free, commercial-free public broadcaster. You are a strong team player, an excellent communicator and thrive on contributing to the development of creative concepts. Check out our free streaming platforms to see if this is something you can get behind.
Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, joining a creative team in a dynamic learning environment. We have a pandemic workplace safety plan in place, and this position requires working at the office located in Burnaby. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, at the right time in your career, please send a letter stating why you are the right person for us, along with your resume to email@example.com, by August 31st.
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the volunteer application form.
Volunteer Application Form