Fundraising Coordinator (Temporary Maternity Leave Replacement)
We are Knowledge Network, British Columbia’s public educational broadcaster, and we have an immediate need for an energetic and experienced fundraiser to take over the co-ordination of our Annual Fund and be our Raiser’s Edge CRM “super user”. The successful individual will continue with ongoing implementation of our well-established and successful annual fundraising program and lead a database migration to RE NXT.
You’ve got advanced experience with Raiser’s Edge 7 and RE NXT, intermediate to advanced Excel skills as well as experience with an integrated multi-channel program that includes substantive direct mail and telemarketing knowledge as well as familiarity with other channels like direct response television and online fundraising. You’re a whiz with data and databases and love problem-solving. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills set you apart.
You’re an energetic team player, hard-working and collaborative and understand the power that media can have to educate and positively impact individuals and society.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Planning, this position is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the activities of the annual giving program which includes direct mail, telemarketing, on air campaigns and online fundraising. In addition, this position will lead a migration from RE7 to RE NXT in the coming months.
This position works closely with donor services staff providing coaching and mentoring and plays the key role in management and use of our Raiser’s Edge donor database. Specific areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Planning & Execution of Fundraising for Annual Fund
- Develop and execute the annual activity cycle for donor acquisition, retention and stewardship activities; develop/update donor communication
- Plan, review and approve all production requirements for on-air campaign, including quantity, scripts, timeline, etc. for each of three annual campaigns (testimonials, impact stories, product offers and calls to action)
- Liaise with both inbound and outbound call centers ensuring Knowledge standards are upheld and addressing any issues that arise with callers or call quality.
- Co-ordinate the needs, writing, evaluation and implementation of all our direct mail including acquisition, renewals, lapsed recovery and additional gift asks.
- Liaise with K: Magazine editor and print house on issues which may affect successfully printing and delivery of K: Magazine to donors.
- Database Management
- As the team “Super User” in Raiser’s Edge, ensure that our CRM is used to maximize efficiency, competency and capacity; troubleshoot issues; mentor and train others
- Lead the planning and migration from RE 7 to RE NXT
- Develop the annual budget and forecasts;
- Monitor/report results on all fundraising activities
Skills and Experience Required
- 5-7 years fundraising experience, preferably with direct experience in an integrated annual fund program.
- Advanced experience with MS Office and Raiser’s Edge database, Blackbaud certification ideal but not required.
- Superior organization and planning skills including exceptional attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of methodologies and processes used in multiple solicitation channels, specifically direct mail and telemarketing.
- Familiarity with Direct Response TV and online fundraising.
- A collaborative, team player with a positive attitude.
- A passion for the positive impact media can have on individuals and society.
- CFRE is an asset but not required.
Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do. We invite applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
We are a crown corporation, funded by an annual operating grant from the provincial government and through donations from over 47,000 Knowledge Partners. As such, we offer you:
- Standard hours (8 hours/day; Monday-Friday) so you can enjoy your evenings and weekends
- A competitive salary in the $6500 – $7600/month range
- 100% employer-paid dental, extended health, vision care for you and your family
- Hybrid Work Option – up to 2 days per week
- Paid Vacation Time
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, at the right time in your career, please contact us immediately sending a letter stating why you are the right person for us, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This assignment starts as soon as possible and concludes August 31, 2023. The position will remain open until filled. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please let us know.
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the volunteer application form.
Volunteer Application Form