Passionate About Public
Passionate About Public
Motion Graphics Designer
Knowledge Network, British Columbia’s public broadcaster, is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer for our Brand team based in Burnaby. Are you passionate about motion graphics and design? This is an excellent opportunity to create opening title sequences for television series and documentary anthologies, animate graphic brand elements for on-air and online use, and work with an experienced and growing brand team. All in a commercial-free environment.
- Conceptualize, design and animate graphics for broadcast and web based content.
- Pitch ideas to internal clients and incorporate direct feedback.
- Provide brand quality review and approvals of video and web based content.
- Maintain standards and motion graphics toolkits to support our four distinct brands.
- Catalogue and maintain digital files including video, graphic and music elements.
- Keep up-to-date on codecs, image types, resolutions and frame rates for technical acceptance of digital assets from external suppliers.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A degree or diploma in visual arts/film, motion graphics, animation or graphic design.
- 3-5 years of experience in motion graphics/motion design (broadcast experience is an asset).
- Strong design, typography and video compositing.
- Superior skills in Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with Premiere, AVID and sound design is an asset.
- An excellent collaborator with a positive attitude and solid organizational skills.
We offer a dynamic learning environment and an opportunity to work with a diverse creative team. Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do.
How to Apply
Drop us an email stating why you are the right person for us, with a resume and an online link to a reel/portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2017.
Broadcast IT Systems Support Technologist
Knowledge Network, BC’s public broadcaster, has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Broadcast IT Systems Support Technologist to maintain, update and repair IT hardware and software based systems used across television and internet distribution platforms. In addition, this position is responsible for desktop support along with server, IT networking and telecom equipment maintenance.
You will install and maintain digital and high-definition broadcast IT hardware and software, on-air systems, Ethernet and fibre networks, as well as computer and IT equipment associated with the operation of a linear multichannel broadcast operations facility. Working with the broadcast team, you will assist in project research, interpret wiring diagrams, update AutoCad drawings and test/integrate new systems.
You are a graduate of an IT, computer science or similar program, with a desire to apply this knowledge in a broadcast setting. You have proven troubleshooting abilities from systems down to the component level. You also have great people skills, accurate record keeping abilities and a desire to find solutions. This is a great opportunity for those just launching their career with the right drive and desire to learn.
In addition to a strong aptitude to learning various in-house computer applications, experience in the following areas will be an asset for this position:
- Troubleshooting of Microsoft, Mac OSX, and Linux operating systems
- Networking - switching, routing, and firewalls
- Storage and archival systems
- Virtual environments, VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft server applications - File Sharing, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Cloud environments
- Video file formats, transcoding, and standards
Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do. This position provides the opportunity to launch or enhance your career by joining a dedicated team of skilled professionals who believe in the value of public broadcasting.
How to Apply
Please send a letter stating why you are the right person for us, along with your resume to email@example.com, by September 29, 2017.
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the attached volunteer application form.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached volunteer application form.