Passionate About Public
Passionate About Public
There are no postings currently.
Co-operative Education at Knowledge
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated co-op student to support our Broadcast Systems Engineer in providing IT/Network Administration assistance for our organization.
You will assist in the following activities:
- Provide IT help desk support for Mac and PC desktop systems and all attached peripherals including printers, file storage devices and other network accessible services.
- Maintain, install, and configure operating systems and applications
- Provide assistance in evaluating and promoting technology solutions that will help to advance corporate objectives
- Assist with upgrades and general system administration tasks
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- System administration of Microsoft environments (Active Directory, Exchange, File servers)
- Troubleshooting of Windows workstations
- Basic networking knowledge (client configuration, DNS, VLANs, etc)
- Linux, Webservers (nginx/apache/php/mysql), VMWare, and Cloud migrations also an asset
Students interested in this opportunity must have excellent communication/customer service skills and possess great attention to detail with technical issues. You take initiative and have a passion for resolving issues.
This opportunity will begin in the spring of 2017 and continue on a full-time basis (35-40 hours/week) for 4 or 8 months. If you are interested in growing your skills while making a meaningful contribution to our team, we’d like to hear from you!
Volunteering at Knowledge
Help us make a difference, be part of a team and share your enthusiasm for public broadcasting.
We welcome bright, keen, mature individuals who would like to lend us a hand with administrative tasks related to our Fundraising activities. Here’s where we could use a hand:
- Mailing out tax receipts, our K: magazine and premiums to our donors
- Making welcome telephone calls to new donors
- Using basic typing/computer skills to update information in our database
- Occasional hosting assistance with donor events and screenings
If you can spare a few hours a couple of times a week, come join the Knowledge volunteer team. Other than events, volunteers are scheduled during business hours. If you’re interested, please complete the attached volunteer application form.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached volunteer application form.